Subordinating Conjunctions - Conditions
Man: Are you coming to the party?
Woman: Yes, I'm going unless I get stuck at work.
Man: Really! You might have to work late.
Woman: Maybe, but I'll call you if I can't make it.
Man: Well, I really hope you can make it.
Woman: Me too! As long as we don't get too busy, I should make it though.
Woman: Yes, Mr Smith, you want to see me.
Man: Yes, We need to talk about your grades. I'm worried that you won't pass the class unless you start doing better on your assignments.
Woman: Well, if I get an A on the test can I pass the class.
Man: Yes, I think so, as long as you also do all your homework.
Woman: OK. I'll make sure I do better, and I'll study hard to the next exam.
Man: I hope so, because if you don't, you'll have to take the class again.
Man: Can I use the conference room tomorrow?
Woman: Sure, as long as it is not booked.
Man: What should I do if it is?
Woman: If it's book you can use the lecture hall.
Man:Oh, that is too big I think.
Woman: Well, the conference room might be free. I'll check and let you know if it is. If it isn't what should I do?
Man: If it's booked then I will wail until it is free. The lecture hall is too big.
Woman: OK, I'll get back to you soon.
Man: Great. Thanks
Man: Are we still playing soccer tomorrow?
Woman: Yes, I hope so. We'll play as long as the weather's nice.
Man: Will we play if it rains?
Woman: If the rain is not too heavy, we will play.
Man: OK, and if it is?
Woman: If it is,I'll check with the others and let you know if we cancel the game.
Man: Sounds good. Thanks.
Subordinating Conjunctions of Condition
- I will call you if I am late.
- If you feel sick, you can stay home.
- As long as you exercise, you will stay in shape.
- I cannot buy a house year unless I win the lottery!
- If it rains, we will not play tennis.
- We will not play tennis if it rains.
- If you help me, I can pay you.
- I can pay you if you help me.
- Unless you study, you cannot pass the test.
- If you do not study, you cannot pass the test.
- Do not call me unless you are serious.
- Do not call me if you are not serious.
- As long as we leave now, we can arrive in time.
- We can arrive in time as long as we leave now.
- We will play tennis as long as it does not rain.
- As long as it does not rain, we will play tennis.