Subordinating Conjunctions - Reasons
Man: Why did you go home early yesterday?
Woman: I left early because I was sick.
Man: Well, since you were not here, I can’t pay you.
Woman: I understand, although I did work from home.
Man: Oh, you did.
Woman: Yes, I can show you my work.
Man: I love the spring because the weather’s so cool.
Woman: I do too, but I don’t like rainy weather, and it always rains a lot.
Man: Yeah, and I sometimes get allergies.
Woman: Me too, although it hasn’t been bad this year.
Man: Yeah, not so much. I think it's because of El Nino I think.
Woman: Maybe, although who knows?
Man: Let’s go to the store as it closes soon.
Woman: When does it close?
Man: It closes at ten because it’s Sunday.
Woman: Let’s go then since it’s already 5:30.
Man: Sounds good. Should I drive?
Woman: No, I will since you drive slow.
Man: Can I use your iPad?
Woman: Yeah, sure. It’s over there.
Man: Can I use it record a short video?
Woman: Sure, what are filming?
Man: Well, even though I am a terrible cook, I’m making a cooking video for my son.
Woman: Fun! Since you’re doing that, can I be in it too?
Guy: Sure, as you wish.
Subordinating Conjunctions | Reasons and Contrast
- We ate dinner early because we were hungry.
- Let's see a movie since we are at the cinema.
- She wore a coat even though it was hot.
- While he is smart, he is a very lazy student.
- I have to leave because I work tomorrow.
- Because I work tomorrow, I have to leave.
- We went inside since it was raining.
- Since it was raining, I went inside.
- We stayed inside even though it was sunny.
- Even though it was sunny, we stayed inside.
- I passed the test even though I did not study.
- Even though I did not study, I passed the test.
- Although I am fat, I am very fit.
- Although I have a license, I never drive my car.
- Although I like fashion, I have few clothes.
- You can eat that although you will regret it.
- While I hate vegetables, I still eat them.
- While I speak Japanese, I never use it.
- While I do like sports, I do not play them often.
- While you can say that, you can't mean it.