Man: What time is the meeting?
Woman: It starts at 6 o'clock.
Man: When is it over?
Woman: It is over at 7:30.
Man: Wow! So long!
Woman: Well, it might finish by 7:15.
Man: When is your first class?
Woman: It is at 8:30.
Man: Me too! When is your last class?
Woman: My last class is at 3:45.
Man: When does it finish?
Woman: At 5:15
Man: Wow, so late!
Woman: I know.
Man: Excume me. What time is it?
Woman: It is half past ten.
Man: I'm sorry, I don't understand.
Woman: It is 10:30.
Man: Oh, thanks. Half past ten means 10:30.
Woman: Yes, it does.
Man: So half past seven means 7:30.
Woman: Yes, you got it.
Man: When is the next bus?
Woman: It is at quarter past eight.
Man: 8:15! That's too early. I want to get a coffee. And when is the next one?
Woman: The next bus is at quarter to nine.
Man: 8:45. OK, I can take that one.
Woman: There is also one at 9:15.
Man: Hmm. 9:15 is too late. I have class at 9:30.
Woman: Don't miss it then!
Telling time - Grammar Notes
- It is six o'clock. - It is six.
- It is eight o'clock. - It is eight.
- It is twelve o'clock. - It is twelve.
- It is two o'clock. - It is two.
- The meeting is at noon.
- Great! See you at twelve.
- I was asleep at midnight.
- I was still awake at 12.
- 2:30 | half past two
- 6:30 | half past six
- 9:30 | half past nine
- 11:30 | half past eleven
- 2:15 | a quarter past two
- 4:15 | a quarter past four
- 7:15 | a quarter past seven
- 12:15 | a quarter past noon
- 1:45 | a quarter to two
- 4:45 | a quarter to five
- 9:45 | a quarter till ten
- 12:45 | a quarter to one