Man: Did you call me?
Woman: Yes, I called you. Can you help me today?
Man: Sure, what can I do for you?
Woman: Can you take me to school?
Man: OK, I can pick you up at 10.
Woman: Great! See you then.
Man: Who is your best friend?
Woman: My bestfriend is Sue.
Man: Do you talk to her every day?
Woman: Yes, I see her at school. I always meet her for lunch.
Man: Why do you like her?
Woman: She is nice and funny! She makes me laugh.
Man: Who is your teacher?
Woman: My teacher is Mr. Wilson. I like him a lot.
Man: Why do you like him?
Woman: Well, he is nice and he always helps me with my homeowork.
Man: He sounds nice.
Woman: He is. We all love him.
Man: Do you have my keys?
Woman: No. I put them on the table.
Man: Great. I see them. What about my wallet?
Woman: I think you set it on the counter.
Man: Really, I don't see it.
Woman: Well, I'll help you. One of us will find it.
Subject Pronouns - Grammar Notes
- Did you see Sue? I just saw her.
- Where is Tony? Did you see him?
- I like your jacket. Where did you buy it?
- My students are funny. I like them so much.
- These shoes are dirty. I need to clean them.
- (S) Tell me a story.
- (S) My teacher makes me laugh.
- (P) They help us a lot.
- (P) Did you see us on TV?
- (S) I like you.
- (S) I will call you later.
- (P) I like you (guys).
- (P) I will call you (all) later.
- I like Bob. I see him every day.
- I also like Sue. I often see her at the gym.
- Bob and Sue eat out often. I join them sometimes.
- They have a horse. They let me ride it.
- They have two cars. They never use them.