Lesson #39 | Present Continuous | Future Plans
Roy and Lyn see each other Friday afternoon and discuss plans for the evening using the present continuous.
Roy: Say Lyn, what are you doing tonight? A group of us are going down to the new club.
Lyn: Oh, thanks Roy, I’d love to but actually I've already arranged to see my brother tonight.
Roy: Ah, that's too bad. Well, maybe next week then. We're going down again next Friday if it's any good.
Lyn: That would work. Sounds great. Are you doing anything before the club?
Roy: Actually yeah, yeah. We're meeting in the cocktail bar to have food and cocktails tonight. We could do that again next week if you want.
Lyn: Great. Sounds like a plan. You have
fun then, enjoy yourself.
Roy: Sure, will do. We'll miss you.
- I’m seeing my girlfriend tonight.
- Trev is going home on Saturday.
- Are you coming shopping?
- I’m taking you to school young man.
- He is going to jail after that decision.
- I am having my head shaved and becoming a monk this October.
- It is snowing soon. (Wrong).
- It will snow soon/It is going to snow soon (correct)