Lesson #38 | Because | Showing Reasons
Brad and Joan talk about what job Joan would be good at and gives reasons using because.
Brad: Hey Joan, what's that you're looking at on the computer? It looks boring.
Joan: Yes, it is boring but necessary. It's job ads. I need to make some money in the summer vacation.
Brad: Anything interesting so far?
Joan: I don’t know really, I’m not sure what I could do.
Brad: Well, why not look for
receptionist jobs or other service ones? You're pretty
good with people.
Joan: I could do something like that because yeah, I am good with people. Not, not a bad idea, thanks.
Brad: Or, hey! Look at that. Summer camp work.
Joan: Yeah, that may work too. In fact, thinking about it, that would be great because I love kids. Great idea, thanks Brad. I’m going to email them right now.
Brad: No worries.
- I was late because my car broke down.
- She could be a teacher because she is so patient and knowledgeable.
- Because I drove so slowly, I was late for the party.
- Maria is so happy because of her exam results.
- I am so happy because of you.
- Because of you, I am so happy.
- Because of the tropical sun, I am burned so badly.
- Tom wanted to see Rita, but because of the train strike, he couldn’t get to her home.