#35 | Simple Past vs Present Perfect | Past Actions
Walt and Faye share experiences eating food using the present perfect tense.
Walt: Hey Faye, have you ever had food from Laos? I’m having it tonight, river fish too.
Faye: Nah, I've never had Laotian food but I, I have had Thai when I visited there a few years ago. I think it's similar.
Walt: Really? What was Thai like?
Faye: Well, we had a mix of spicy Thai soup, grilled pork, some spicy salads. From what I remember it was all pretty spicy.
Walt: Yeah, that worries me a little and I'm worried about eating river fish. I don't know it. Have you ever had that?
Faye: Yes, I have. I had catfish on the vacation too. It was fine. Don't worry too much. There's always lots of rice too and salad. You’ll enjoy it.
Walt: I hope so. I'm a bit of a fussy eater and I'm not very adventurous to be honest.
- We had spicy salads in Thailand last year.
- I went to the movies last night.
- I have had the flu.
- Rita has been to Sudan.
- I have always been a football fan.
- She has never liked beef.
- Have you ever been to the USA? No, I have never been there.
- Have you ever been hang-gliding? No, I haven’t ever been hang-gliding.