Infinitives and Gerunds
Kate’s got a new iPad and Pete is very interested.
Pete:Hey Kate, is that a new iPad?
Kate: Yeah. I just got it.
Pete: Wow. It looks sweet, not cheap though.
Kate: No, it was quite expensive but I'll get my money’s worth out of it.
Pete: Really? What are you going to use it for?
Kate: Well. I’m going to use it for
checking my Facebook and Twitter all the time so I can
keep in touch with friends and I’m going to use it to play
games too. I love playing games but hopefully I won't
spend too much time doing that.
Pete: Ah, I wonder. Well, what about using it for checking your e-mails?
Kate: Emails, yeah, I guess I could
check my emails but hey, emails are so yesterday right?
Pete: Yeah, well, I’m getting a little behind the times. Guess I better think of getting one myself when I have some money.
- I mostly use my smart phone to check the sports results on the web.
- I use my camera for taking pictures of birds.
- I use my spare money for buying all those stamps I collect.
- Mary uses the ATM for paying bills.
- I use my computer to watch movies.
- I use my computer for watching movies.
- Smart phones are often used to surf the web.
- Computers are often used for playing games.
Complete the gaps with the words listed below. Change the form as needed.
take • for