Short Answers | So, Too, Neither, Either
Alex and Meg are trying to agree on what to have for dinner.
Alex: Hey Meg, I'm getting hungry. What are we going to have for dinner tonight?
Meg: Let’s go out. I can't be bother to cook. How about Mexican? I love Mexican.
Alex: So do I but I had it only yesterday. I haven't had Greek in a while though.
Meg: Neither have I but it is so expensive and it’s almost end of the month.
Alex: Hmm, true. Well, lets do fast food. I don’t usually have that.
Meg: I don’t either and it is cheap. Let's do it, and we can have ice cream afterwards. You know how crazy I am about ice cream.
Alex: Mmm, me too. Well, great idea. Let’s go.
- I love rabbits. So do I/I do too.
- I am hot. I am too/So am I.
- I don't eat pork. Neither do I
- I can’t play golf. I can’t either.
- I can’t see his car. Neither can I.
- I don’t like opera. I don’t either.
- I love karaoke. So do I.
- I am over fifty. I am, too.
- I love clubbing. I don’t.
- I can’t sing. I can.