Past | Used to
Listen to two friends talk about what they did as kids.
Paul: Hey Judy, have you always been this quiet?
Judy: No, when I was a kid, I used to always been running around, being playful.
Paul: Really? What did you use to get up to then?
Judy: Well, I used to have a big group of friends and we would spend all our time together. We used to play games, sports and go shopping. We always found so much to talk about and we never cared about others around us. It’s different now. How about you Paul? What did you use to do when you were young?
Paul: Hmm, actually, I used to collect stamps. I don’t anymore though, I spend a lot of time on my own at home. Oh, and I used to have long hair.
Judy: Really? I can't see you with long hair.
Paul: Yeah, I doubt that would suit me now.
- I used to play football as a kid. (I do not play now).
- Tom never used to exercise at college. (He exercises now).
- I used to have long hair. (It is short now).
- That house used to look so beautiful. (It is not beautiful now).
- I used to have a sports car. (I do not now).
- She used to enjoy going out. (She doesn’t enjoy it now).
- Did she use to be so bad?
- What did you use to like at school?
used • was