Passive | Simple Present
The European Union
Narrator: The Euro is used in much of the European Union as the main currency. Although English is spoken in many places in the EU, there is no single official language. There is a lot of important industry throughout the community. Agriculture remains important and such crops as olives, wheat and barley are widely grown. Many cars and other vehicles are also made and a lot of military equipment is manufactured. Local beers are also produced throughout the EU which still remains culturally diverse.
- Rice is grown in Vietnam.
- Mousse is made from eggs.
- French is spoken in the Ivory Coast.
- Cars are produced in the EU.
- The sale of Actifed is banned.
- Smoking at work is now banned.
- French and English are spoken in Canada, but English is not spoken by the French in Quebec.
- A lot of farming is done in the US by immigrants.
Complete the gaps with the words listed below. Change the verb to the correct form.
be eat • be manufacture