Simple Past | Completed Activities
Carlos and Tina, two friends, meet and talk about their weekends.
Carlos: Hey Tina. How're you doing?
Tina: Good Carlos. I'm not excited about this week of tests but at least I prepared for them a long time ago.
Carlos: Ahh. Boring week ahead but let's not think about that. Did you do anything interesting last weekend?
Tina: Well, actually, I did. I had a great time. I went to a bar with some friends and then I went to a club on Saturday.
Carlos: Hey, that sounds great. Which club did you go to?
Tina: That new place on King Street. It was amazing. I had a great time. Hey, how about you? What did you get up to?
Carlos: Oh, don't ask. I had a really quiet weekend.
Tina: Why? What happened? Didn’t you go out?
Carlos: Oh, I have those exams this week, so I stayed home and studied for them. You know me. I'm all last minute cram. So, I didn’t go out at all over the weekend. It was so boring!
Tina: Well, you can get out next weekend when they're finished.
Carlos: Hmm. I just hope it's to celebrate and not drown my sorrows.
- I had my hair cut.
- I went to Nepal for a year.
- I played tennis when I was a kid.
- He stayed home and studied. (stay - stayed, study - studied)
- She sang at the party. (sing - sang)
- Did you go out on Saturday? Yes, I did go out/No I didn’t go out.
- Did you see Roy? Yes, I did/No, I didn’t.
- What did you do on the weekend? I stayed home and studied.
- Where did Roy go on the weekend? He went to Devon.