Past Continuous | Ongoing Past Activity
Jane is being questioned by a police officer who thinks she may be involved in a crime.
Police Officer: Hello Miss. I don't mean to bother you, but can I just ask you a few questions?
Police officer: Yeah, there was a crime committed last night so we've been asking some of the locals . What were you doing at eight o’clock yesterday evening?
Jane: I was watching a movie.
Police officer: Hmm. What movie were you watching?
Jane: Twilight, the vampire movie.
Police officer: Really? What time was it playing?
Jane: I was watching it from 7 until 9. I was not robbing that old woman at 8 o’clock because I was watching the movie. Look, I watched the whole movie from start to finish.
Police officer: So, how do you know it was an old woman that got robbed?
- The movie starts at three.
- My plane departs at noon and arrives at five.
- The bus does not leave until 5 o'clock.
- My vacation does not start until July.
- The movie ends at ten.
- My shift at work does not end until midnight.
- The movie starts at 7. (It starts at 7)
- The game doesn't begin until noon. (It doesn't begin until noon.)
Complete the gaps with the words listed below. You need to change the verb to the correct form.
be rain • be have