Simple Present | Ongoing Activity
Alex and Mary are at a party. They just met. They share information about themselves.
Alex: So Mary, do you live in the city?
Mary: No, I live in the suburbs. It's about an hour outside of the city. I commute to work every day.
Alex: Wow! That's a long drive. You must hate it.
Mary: Actually, I don't mind it. It allows me time to listen to podcasts and get some time to myself.
Alex: OK, so you live with your family?
Mary: Yeah, I live with my husband and two kids.
Alex: Oh, really two kids. So does your husband work in the city too?
Mary: No, he works from home. He runs his own web design company which allows him to work from anywhere. What about you?
Alex: Oh, me? Well actually I share a flat with a roommate. It's a really small place in the city. I also work in the city, and I take night classes at a community college.
Mary: Wow, you sound busy.
- My sister lives in the mountains.
- My mother runs her own company.
- Working at night allows me to sleep in in the morning.
- Running my own company allows me to work when I want to.
- My father runs a small accounting firm.
- I run my own web design company.
- So, you work for your family?
- So, you play tennis?