Gary: Hey Gill, if you were rich, like so rich you never had to worry about money ever, what would you do?
Gill: Hmm. If I were that rich, I would buy a nice house by the sea. I love the coast. And I would travel the world. I would visit every country in the world. How about you?
Gary: To be honest, I don’t really know, but I would give a lot of money to my parents. They are old and they have worked so hard all their lives. Apart from that, yeah, well, traveling sounds good, yeah. I would love to do that. The rest, I’m not so sure.
Gill: Yeah, well, it’s time to get back down to earth now and stop dreaming. Tomorrow is another day at work and that ain’t going to make either of us rich.
Gary: Yeah, that's true. Better get on
Second Conditional - Grammar Notes
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- I would quit my job. What would you do?
- I would move to the beach.
- I would do that too if I could swim!
- I would be very happy if I saw a full eclipse.
- If I saw a full eclipse, I would be very happy.
- If I were tall, I would try out for the basketball team.
- I would try out for the basketball team if I were tall.
- I'd be very happy if I saw a full eclipse.
- If you saved your money, you'd be rich.
- If they came to class more often, they'd pass.
- If we practiced more, we'd be pretty good.
- I could travel the world if I were a billionaire.
- If I spoke Spanish, I could work in Costa Rica.
- If you tried harder, you could get an A in the class.
- If you saved your money, you could afford to travel.