Man: Is Bob coming to the party?
Woman: Yes, both he and his wife are coming.
Man: What about Joe and his wife?
Woman: Neither Joe nor his wife can make it.
Man: Oh, that’s too bad.
Woman: Yeah, it is rare when all of us are together.
Woman: What can I use to make a website?
Man: I would use either Blogger or Wordpress.
Woman: Which one is better?
Man: It depend whether you are making a simple site or a complex site.
Woman: I am making a simple site.
Man: Then I would use Blogger.
Man: Do know whether Jack or Sally will give the next presentation?
Woman: It will be Sally I think.
Man: Why not Jack, or Jim for that matter?
Woman: Both Jack and Jim are not as experienced as Sally.
Man: True, they are both newbies.
Woman: Yeah, they will be ready to do it soon.
Man: I hear both Jill and Sue will quit soon.
Woman: What will they do?
Man: I am not sure. I think they will either get a new job or go back to school.
Woman: I am really going to miss Jill.
Man: Yeah, neither the office nor the company outings will be the same without her.
Woman: So true!
Subordinating Conjunctions of Condition
- I will call you if I am late.
- If you feel sick, you can stay home.
- As long as you exercise, you will stay in shape.
- I cannot buy a house year unless I win the lottery!
- If it rains, we will not play tennis.
- We will not play tennis if it rains.
- If you help me, I can pay you.
- I can pay you if you help me.
- Unless you study, you cannot pass the test.
- If you do not study, you cannot pass the test.
- Do not call me unless you are serious.
- Do not call me if you are not serious.
- As long as we leave now, we can arrive in time.
- We can arrive in time as long as we leave now.
- We will play tennis as long as it does not rain.
- As long as it does not rain, we will play tennis.