Present Continuous - Future
Man: Why are you leaving early?
Woman: I’m going to the dentist.
Man: Why? Do you have a toothache?
Woman: No, I’m getting my teeth cleaned.
Man: Well, if you are leaving early, I’m leaving early too.
Woman: Fine with me!
Man: What are you doing tonight?
Woman: I’m meeting my mom for dinner?
Man: Oh! Where are you going?
Woman: We are going to the new Thai restaurant. Join us!
Man: Thanks, but I can’t. I’m playing futsal tonight.
Woman: Well, maybe next time.
Man: What classes are you taking next term?
Woman: I’m taking math and history.
Man: Nice, I’m taking math too!
Woman: Who is teaching the class?
Man: Prof Smith is teaching it.
Woman: Oh no, I hear he is hard!
Man: What is going on tonight?
Woman: Bill is having a party.
Man: Oh, really! When and where?
Woman: He’s having it at his house. It is starting at six.
Man: Who is going?
Woman: Everyone’s going. You should come!
- I am meeting my dad tonight.
- I am working tomorrow.
- I'm not doing anything tonight.
- I'm not leaving until Monday.
- I'm meeting Sue tomorrow.
- My mother is coming over tonight.
- She's not arriving until Sunday.
- The meeting is starting soon.
- I am not working tomorrow. (Other people expect it)
- I am going to stay home and study.
- Bob is not coming to the party. (Other people expect it)
- He is going to skip the party this time.
- I am meeting my friend for lunch.
- I am going to meet my friend for lunch.
- I am leaving for Spain on Monday.
- I am going to leave for Spain on Monday.
- I will meet you tomorrow. (I just thought to do this)
- I am going to meet you tomorrow. (I already thought of it)
- I'm meeting you tomorrow. (It's scheduled. Other people know about it)